** Please remember to notify Angela within 48 hours of baby’s arrival so that so your session date can be moved if needed **
What to bring
- Disposable nappies (less bulky than reusable)
- Receiving blankets (2-3)
- A pacifier (dummy) – even if you don’t plan on using one later
- Bottles/milk supplies if required
- Snacks to keep you going (water will be provided)
Please note: I have a variety of props, headbands and hats that fit within my style to use during the session. I kindly ask that you do not bring your own. If you have something very sentimental that you would like photographed, then please send me a photo of it prior to your session to see if it something I can incorporate.
What to wear – the family
Please see my Information Guide – What to Wear Section. Baby doesn’t need a special outfit as they will be wrapped/nude for the session.
How to prepare baby in the morning
- Try to keep baby awake (baths are great) for about an hour before the session so that they fall asleep on the ride over
- Give baby a good feed just before you leave the house so they are satisfied and fall into a nice deep sleep
- Please dress baby in an easy to remove button or zip up onesie – nothing that must be pulled over their head (like a jersey) as this can wake them up
- Try to avoid appointments or visitors on the morning of your session so baby is not over stimulated before our session
A well fed, sleepy baby = more photos
All sessions begin with baby wrapped (swaddled). If family is to be included, these photos are done first while the room is cooler, then baby on their own. Over the course of the session I will remove layers and increase the temperature to keep baby comfortable. There will be time for baby to feed/change when needed. Wear layers so you don’t get too warm.
I will try my very best to get every pose and prop possible with your baby however some babies just don’t like certain poses. If your baby protests and can’t be soothed, I will move onto the next pose/prop.
Preparing older siblings
Toddlers are very busy and still adjusting to there being a new baby in the home. Many will not want to lay down next to their new sibling so please be prepared for that. You can practice lying them down at home with a baby doll and talk about the photos – it may help it feel less scary on the day. Treats/rewards for cooperation can help.
Once we have finished the family portion of the session, it ideal if the older sibling can be taken away by Dad or a family helper. I like to keep the environment calm and quiet so I can really focus while working with your newborn. There’s a few nearby playgrounds or Chipmunks is just around the corner on a rainy day!
Who can attend?
I kindly ask that you don’t bring extra family members/friends with you to the session who are not involved with the shoot, as my studio is not large and seating is limited.
Breast feeding mums’ please try to avoid eating any spicy or gassy foods, heavy dairy, caffeine & chocolate for the 24 hours before your session to avoid any possible upset tummy for baby
Hair & Makeup Service
If your session includes a makeup service, please arrive with a clean, moisturized face. If you’re having your hair styled, please arrive with clean fully dried hair.